Desert Sands RV Park Amenities
Desert Sands is changing for the better under our new ownership and park management. So check back here regularly to see what's being added to our park that will make your stay with us even more enjoyable!
- Pool & Jacuzzi with large patio, outdoor dining area, and built in barbecue
- Community Room with free Wi-Fi and a Flat Screen TV
- Close to Lake Mead and many natural wonders
- Old fashioned general store & cafe
- 24 hour laundry room
- Showers for park guests
- RV Dump station
- Mail service
- 24 hour security
- Adult only park
- Pet friendly
Let the slideshow above play through, or use the arrows on the left and right side of the slide show. As we continue improvements to the park new images will be added throughout the website!
Desert Sands RV Park is close to Las Vegas, amazing landscapes, and so much more. Here's a short list of what's near by:
- 16 miles to Las Vegas Blvd
- 9 miles to McCarren International Airport
- 13 miles to Fremont Street
- 12 miles to Las Vegas Convention Center
- 2 miles to Downtown Henderson
- 10 miles to University of Nevada Las Vegas
Gateway to Natural Wonders:
- 3 miles to “the best” Wetlands & Bird Sancturay in Nevada
- 3 miles to Whitney Mesa Preserve & trails
- 8 miles to Lake Mead, Lake Las Vegas & Colorado River
- 23 miles to Hoover Dam
- 64 miles to Valley of Fire
The Henderson Area
The Desert Sands RV Resort is located in Henderson, the second largest city in Nevada, after Las Vegas. The city is part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area, which spans the entire Las Vegas Valley. With it’s natural magnesium resource, Henderson was "born in America's defense” during World War II.
In 2010, Money Magazine named Henderson one of the best places to retire as part of it’s “100 Best Money Moves You Can Make” list. In 2011, Forbes magazine ranked Henderson as America's second safest city. Henderson has also been named as "One of the Best Cities to Live in America" by Bloomberg Businessweek. Henderson has one of the most concentrated networks of park system in the country. Prevention magazine listed Henderson as the sixth best walking city in America, ahead of San Diego, California, and just behind Seattle, Washington. Henderson contains more than 80 linear miles of trails. Trip Advisor, the worlds largest travel site, named Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve (3 miles from the Desert Sands) a 2015 Certificate of Excellence. The Desert Sands provides the valley’s closest recreational vehicle access to Lake Mead and Lake Las Vegas.